In a friendly, pitch-style competition event that will take place on September 24th at Menlo Park, CA (Cuckoo’s Nest Club), CloudNOW will name the winner of the Top Ten Women in Cloud Award.
The CloudNOW awards recognize 10 outstanding women in cloud and converging technology. CloudNOW honours female-led teams who have used technology to solve real world business problems; contribute to society/community in a significant way; or innovate and move the industry forward.
This year’s finalists and Top Ten Women in Cloud Award are:
1. Adi Israel, TBM Consultant, Kaiser Permanente
2. Ann Wallace, Solutions Architect, Nike
3. Cornelia Davis, Director Platform Engineering, Pivotal
4. Diane Mueller, Director of Community Development OpenShift, Red Hat
5. Jamie Miller, CIO, General Electric
6. Julie Iannelli Director of Engineering, Calgary Scientific
7. Michelle Zatlyn, Founder and CEO of CloudFlare
8. Liz Centoni, VP GM, SP Access, Cisco
9. Mandy Storbakken, Principal Technologist, Medtronic
10. Tana Jackson, Vice President Engineering, SOASTA
Among the best and brightest Canadian cloud thought leaders to be recognized by CloudNOW is Julie Iannelli, Director of Engineering, at Calgary Scientific. Ms. Iannelli drives the company’s PureWeb® cloud enablement solutions. PureWeb® quickly and securely moves enterprise applications from workstation, desktop and rich client architectures to the connected world, without the need to re-write code.
“Julie is one of the key cloud thought leaders who is pioneering the industry and leveling the playing field for future generations,” said
Jocelyn DeGance Graham, founder of CloudNOW. “We recognize Julie’s dedication and passion for tech, and thank her for her continued contributions.”
The public is invited to attend the 4th Annual CloudNOW Awards to meet the Top Women in Cloud, cloud end user customers and technologists, tech media, VCs and entrepreneurs; and to support CloudNOW’s non-profit mission and scholarship fund for girls in STEM. MC for the event is Margaret Dawson, Global Product Marketing, Red Hat, and former Top 10 Women in Cloud winner and charter community member.
CloudNOW is a non-profit consortium of the leading women in cloud computing, providing a forum for networking, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and economic growth. CloudNOW offers members the opportunity to creatively approach the technological challenges of cloud today, working in partnership with the tech industry, and cloud thought leaders.