- Pre 2 is the first Palm phone with a gigahertz processor and features a 5-megapixel camera, a glass screen and a sleeker, streamlined design that still gives users the ideal combination of a vivid touchscreen and a slide-out keyboard. It’s also the first phone to run the new HP webOS 2.0, the most significant update to the platform since its launch.
- The Palm Pre 2 smartphone has been reengineered to do more of what you want to do—faster. Quickly switch between multiple open apps.1 Simply start typing to begin an email or update your status. Tap a message notification while you’re playing a 3D game.2,3 With HP webOS 2.0, accomplishing more is effortless.
- Palm Pre 2 features a sleeker design that still gives you the perfect combination of a vivid touchscreen and slide-out keyboard. And now with a completely smooth glass display, Pre 2 is as durable as it is graceful.
- Pause a game, tap an email notification, check your calendar, read a restaurant review, send an email reply, then switch back to the game without closing anything.1,2 Now in webOS 2.0, your open apps are logically grouped together in card stacks, so managing multiple tasks is ridiculously easy.
- Keep your contacts and calendars up to date automatically with built-in integration for Facebook®, Google™, LinkedIn®, Yahoo!®, and Microsoft® Exchange.4 When a contact’s information changes in one place, like an email address on LinkedIn®, for example, you’ll see it updated on your phone.
webOS 2.0 offers consumers compelling application experiences not available on any other platform, while providing developers an unparalleled level of openness to integrate their applications and services.
The next generation of webOS makes it easier to get more done by advancing the webOS features introduced 16 months ago, including true multitasking; universal search with Just Type; HP Synergy; the new Exhibition feature, which lets you run apps designed specifically for the Palm Touchstone Charging Dock; and support for a beta of Adobe Flash Player 10.1 in the browser, which provides access to rich, Flash based web content.
For further details of webOS 2.0, see HP’s Oct. 19 announcement titled “HP Introduces webOS 2.0, the Next Generation of Mobile Innovation.”
Read WhatsYourTech.ca’s review of the Palm Pre 2 with webOS 2.0!
Official Rules & Regulations – The fastest Palm Smartphone yet! Win 1 of 2 Palm Pre 2 Smartphones!
AGREEMENT: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest judge.
2. CONTEST: Log onto WhatsYourTech.ca, complete the “Win 1 of 2 Palm Pre2 Smartphones” online entry form and submit your entry by following the instructions found at the site. The contest starts at 12:01 am Eastern time (ET) on December 21, 2010 and closes on Friday, February 4, 2011 at 11:59:59 pm. All entries must include your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, and ten-digit telephone number. Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Subscriber” is defined as the natural person who has registered for products or services with WhatsYourTech.ca. Void where prohibited. Limit of one entry per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec residents) and be over the age of majority. Selected entrants must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsor, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize Sponsor, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Limit of one entry per person.
4. PRIZES: There will be two winners. Each winner will win a Palm Pre 2 smartphone, approximate value $449.99. Dealers may sell for less. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
5. GENERAL: On or after February 7, 2011 at approximately 4:00 p.m. ET, a random draw will take place at WhatsYourTech.ca, Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. WhatsYourTech.ca, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential winner by telephone or email within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Limit of one entry per person.
6. RELEASE: Prior to receiving a prize, the winner will be required to provide a valid photo ID and sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor of all liability, confirming compliance with these rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
7. ERRORS: The Sponsors and their suppliers are not liable for lost or stolen entries or inability to process entries, web site downtime, and inability to access the web site, or any virus or other damage incurred by contestant’s computer system.
8. BANNING: The sponsors may, in their sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering any contest whom they believe to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more than once.
9. CONTEST: Subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest.
10. PRIVACY: Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be sent to WhatsYourTech.ca at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Win 1 of 2 Palm Pre2 Smartphones.